ENG 375 + 507: Web Authoring and Design
Additional Readings will be posted here
- Read/Skim for Monday (1/29)
- "History of the Internet in a Nutshell"
by Cameron Chapman
- "The History of HTML" (1989-1997)
by Dave Raggett
- "The History of HTML" (1997-2009)
by Ross Shannon
- "The History of HTML5"
by Matt Silverman
- New addition:Mosaic's Birthday: 25 Years of the Modern Web (1/21/18)
Why would web authors want to concern themselves with the history of the web? What expertise or information does a familiarity with the history of the web offer web authors?
Do website designers need to know HTML? The history of HTML and the Web? Why might this be useful? (or convincingly argue that it is not)